TELOS: Was that Really Ten Years Ago?
In honor of our 10 Year Anniversary, allow me to take you back to ’03. (Insert cheesy quote from Back to the Future).
While doing my “research” (ie. skimming the first couple articles that pop up on Google) for “what happened in 2003”, I came across a typical timeline of (not-so-typical) events, lists of influential people, and enough “Top 10” lists of pop culture “faves” to make my head spin.
So, in no particular order, here’s my compilation of happenings in ’03 that will make you think “Was that REALLY a decade ago?”. (Using “decade” instead of “ten years” was my attempt to make it seem even longer.)
(Warning: whether these events actually occurred in 2003 is beyond me. Hey, I got my information from the internet so it must be true, right?)
- Average cost of Gas- $1.83. (Is your mind blown already?)
- Lance Armstrong wins his fifth Tour De France.
- Voters recall Governor Gray Davis from office and elect Schwarzenegger as Governor of California.
- A major severe weather outbreak spawned more tornadoes than any week in U.S. history. 393 tornadoes were reported in 19 states. (Okay, this one might not be as memorable, but nevertheless, somewhat interesting?)
- After spending majority of the year on the run, Saddam Hussein is captured by US forces.
- Apple launches the iTunes store.
- Justin Timberlake was “Mister Heartbreak” on a Rolling Stones mag. (And ten years later, he’d win my vote over the other Justin (Bieber) any day.)
Mind you, I was 13 in 2003. The only thing I cared about was getting home from school to Instant Message friends (that I had just spent the entire day with) on the computer. Needless to say, it’s challenging for me to think back to what really went on in 03, but I do have a special place in my heart for that year. Let’s add to the list…
- TELOS Fitness Center opens its doors. Was that really ten years ago?
The year it ALL began. Home to my first “big girl job”. Having the opportunity to work with some of the best in the industry has been an amazing experience. (And not to mention, the people I’ve met and the relationships I’ve built along the way are incomparable). Without getting too mushy-gushy, I’ll just say, I am so fortunate to be celebrating the big 1-0 with the TELOS family and we hope you can join us.
Member Service Director
*We’re celebrating 10 years strong on October 4th, from 6:30-10:30pm. For more information, visit our facebook event page. #telostenyear