Brent has established a career in the health/fitness industry for over 30 years. During that time, he has enjoyed the opportunity to work in a wide variety of settings
including: private, corporate, commercial, destination, community, medical, spa, and church based programs. He is a recognized leader in the health club industry.
- Currently serving on International Health, Racquet & Sports Club Association (IHRSA) Board of Directors.
- TELOS recognized by the N. Dallas Chamber of Commerce as the “2008 Business of the Year”.
- Corporate recipient of the “2007 Greater Dallas – Business Ethics Award” and finalist for the “2007 American – Business Ethics Award”.
- Honored by International Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association as their inaugural “General Manager of the Year”.
- Awarded fifteen “Nova 7 Awards” from Fitness Management Magazine for innovations in facility design, marketing, customer service, exercise programming, and overall management.
- Recognized by the National Employee Service and Recreational Association for developing the “Best Employee Wellness Program” while at Texas Instruments.
- Volunteered as Executive Director of Shape Up Texas!, a not-for-profit organization committed to improving the health and well being of all Texans.
- Served as Vice President of Cooper Aerobics Enterprises, overseeing the Cooper Fitness Center, Cooper Spa, Ventures Consulting, and Cooper Wellness Program.
- Founding Board Member of the Texas Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association.
- Served as Chief Operating Officer for Winning Habits.com, providing online resources for health, wellness, and employee benefit programs for corporations.
- Current member of the Certification Governing Board – Cooper Institute for Research.
- Continues to provide consulting services within the health/fitness/spa industry specializing in concept, design, programming, management, and overall operations.
- Accomplished author, content contributor, and industry interview source on a wide variety of fitness and management topics. He is the featured presenter in IHRSA’s “Customer Service” training video series.
- Voted “Top Convention Speaker” by IHRSA and the Medical Fitness Association, he is a requested international industry speaker, and has been interviewed by Good Morning America, Good Day Dallas, and numerous network newscast and talk shows.
- Enjoys a personal passion for fitness that has included the “White Rock Marathon”, “Hotter Than Hell 100”, competitive sports, backpacking, adventure racing, and Discovery Channels’ “Eco – Challenge: British Columbia”.
- Native of Dallas with M.S. degree from Baylor University. Married for 29 years to Melanie with two sons, Chase and Cody.
Interesting Fact: Competed in Discovery Channels’ International Eco-Challenge British Columbia
Nickname: None. Middle name is Justice
Favorite Movies: Bryan’s Song, James Bond series, The Patriot, The Replacements, Braveheart, Remember the Titans, Gladiator, Mission Impossible III
Favorite TV Shows: Sports Center, Going Yard, American Pickers
Music Preference: Country
Most Recent Books Read: Small Giants by Bo Burlingham, Secret Service by John R. DiJulius III, Differentiate or Die by Jack Trout, Getting Naked by Patrick Lencioni, Brands Formation by Chuck Mefford, Setting the Table by Danny Meyer, and Making Money is Killing Your Business by Chuck Blakeman
Worst Habit: Diet Coke
Pet Peeve: Bad customer service, lateness, and people not doing what they say they are going to do
Workout Preference: Total body workouts
Hobbies/Interests: Building/making “things”, home improvement, adventure racing
One Thing People Notice About Me: I’m either wearing cowboy boots or tennis shoes.
One Funny Thing People Say About Me: “He’s like Spiderman, he can just drop in from nowhere.”
It Surprises People to Find Out: that I make unique architectural furniture